Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Days 96 & 97 - Charlottesville to Abingdon

Not a ton to report over the past couple of days. I slowly made my way down to Abingdon, VA to visit an old friend of mine. On the way down, I hit a total of 6 wineries and went to the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library. It's not part of the national presidential library system, which is a little weird, but it's definitely totally different than the others. His birthplace is there, but they have no original furniture, just stuff from the time frame. So it basically just seems like another historic house. There's also the attached museum, which has President Wilson's car, an exhibit about World War I trenches, a gallery of President Wilson's first wife's paintings, and an exhibit detailing President Wilson's life in chronological order. So it's not huge. It was fine though, just nothing spectacular.

Stayed at a bed & breakfast in Roanoke last night. My last official B&B on the trip. I'm staying a couple of nights with my friend in Abingdon. I totally crashed when I got here tonight for a 3 hour nap - apparently I was tired. Just hung out for the rest of the night. Good to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment