Sunday, August 4, 2013

Days 87 & 88 - Wilmington

The big event of yesterday was Connor's funeral. Christie, her 14-month old son, and I headed up about 9:30 am. There was a very large turnout and a surprising number of people I knew, including the guy that had been the janitor at the high school we all attended. It was good to see so many people there. Afterward, we all went over to a reception at a family friend's house. It was a good opportunity to get to catch up with some people I hadn't seen in years and years. Also, my group of best girlfriends from high school was all together for the first time since August of 2009. The four of us were inseparable in high school, but have only managed to get all of us in the same room a handful of times since we graduated. I attached a picture of the four of us at the bottom of this post. 

Last night, Christie and I went out for dinner at a great restaurant called Harvest. They are a farm to table restaurant that specializes in entrees that are not only flavorful, but healthy as well. Christie and I have known each other since we were 3 years old. We can and do talk about literally anything. 

I slept in this morning, which was wonderful. This afternoon, Christie and family and I went out to a local state park. It was a beautiful day and we made the most of it.

Tonight was another Phillies game with Christie. The 1993 NL championship team was honored, which was perfect for Christie and I. We totally bonded over the '93 team. Many of our favorite players including Jim Eisenreich, Mitch Williams, John Kruk, Kevin Stocker, and especially Darren Daulton were all there. Darren recently underwent brain surgery for a couple of tumors, so it was pretty impressive that he was there. The crowd went nuts for him. The Phils lost again - they're just not doing well this year. I'd so love to see them actually win a game at some point. Some day. 

I'm back on the road tomorrow. After this past week of a lot of downtime at my parents' and Christie's, it feels weird to be getting back to a very busy touring schedule. Tomorrow's not too busy, but from there on out, it's pretty darn packed for a while. Let's hope that I'll be able to get enough rest along the way to be able to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment