Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Threshold

I have described the start of my trip as both a start line and a finish line. So many things had to get accomplished in order to get here. My to-do list was extensive (and categorized, of course). I didn't actually think I'd get it all done. But I knew that no matter what, on May 9 at 9 AM, I'd be leaving. It's the finishing of so many tasks and the starting of a new chapter for me. My dad described it today as a threshold. I find that so descriptive. It's a big change. I don't consider this trip to be a vacation, but a semi-long-term lifestyle change. It is a chapter in my life. I had to close out the previous chapter in order to begin this one.

Somehow, I got it all done. Somehow, every single item on my to-do list is crossed off. I credit my meticulous calendar planning skills. Yesterday was my last day at work. This morning I moved out of my apartment. And now, I'm sitting in my friend's house in Round Rock with a glass of wine in hand, ready to head north in the morning.

I'm at the threshold and I'm ready to cross it. Follow me as I journey.

1 comment: